Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

BAGUIO at the Spur of the Moment

BLOG POST

NOTE: photos in this blog are courtesy of google

One day, I woke up in a hurry- had to take a bath, do the laundry then cook my meal for the day. I was thinking about the many activities that could make me while away the time when a thought struck me- what if I pack my clothes and go to Baguio? Such a thought never entered my mind the night before but it got into me out of the blue. In the end, instead of doing the laundry after bathing, I ended up packing my knapsack and head off to Victory Bus Liner Terminal in Cubao. Voila! I'm now bound for Baguio.


I got to Baguio after approximately 5 hours and head off to Hotel 45 in Session Road where I checked in for 2 nights

Alone and hungry, I got down to the busiest street in Baguio, Session Road, and grabbed a bite at the nearest fast food chain, McDonald's. I also stopped over the nearest  store I could find to get the things I needed for my stay. Then, I walked down towards Burnham Park to savor the afternoon breeze, read a book somewhere near the lake and watch the tourists swarming the area. I even brought a blanket with me so I could lie down and read Dan Brown's Angels and Demons.




After 2 hours of just whiling away the time, I headed off towards the jeepney lanes and caught a ride for Tam-awan Village. One of the most funny things that I remembered about Tam-awan is the fact that they have a fertility house, Dukligan house, where a man and a woman can stay for a month in order to procreate. 




After a day's trip, I retired for the night back in my hotel and hauled blankets over me for the night was really a very chilly one- that I wished I've gone there with a man. Nah, that was not on my mind at that time.

Next day, I ate breakfast at Mcdonald's (my favorite sausage and egg Mcmuffin).







Then, I rode a jeepney to Lourdes Grotto. I climbed the stairs until I reached the top and was so exhausted that I drank nearly a liter of water.


After Lourdes Grotto, I went to Mines View Park to admire the breathtaking view of the mines in Baguio, then, headed off to their market to buy some silver ornaments- earrings, necklaces, rings and other trinkets that I'll bring back to Manila.


The last leg of my journey ended in SM City Baguio to eat in Dencio's Restaturant. I ate my favorite Dencio's Sisig with much ardour that I nearly finished off 3 cups of rice. Wow!

So that's my Baguio trip. Whenever I'm on a day-off and wish to relax, I head off to Baguio with or without companion. I pretty much know the area because of frequent visits and I love bringing back some broccoli, other vegetables, peanut brittle, and strawberry jam from its awesome market.

***Unluckily, my photos are no longer available. I downloaded some photos in Friendster and they're gone now. Lesson learned: Always keep a soft or hard copy of your photos. Thanks to Google, I was able to post some pictures of the scenic views in Baguio as well as the logos of my favorite food chains and convenience store.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts matter. Add one HERE.